Mary Lamb Poems
- Breakfast A dinner party, coffee, tea, Sandwich, or supper, ...
- And Jesus Committed Suicide and Jesus committed suicide ...
- The Gospel Of Jesus The Gospel of Jesus My name is ...
- Palestinian Philistine Poetry Palestinian Philistine poetry ...
- Middle East Peace Middle East peace incidentally, how ...
- Jesus Was Not Born In Bethlehe... Part 1 when the Jews ...
- Jesus Is A Liberator? Jesus is a liberator? What did he ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A dinner party, coffee, tea,
Sandwich, or supper, all may be
In their way pleasant. But to me
Not one of these deserves the praise
That welcomer of new-born days,
A breakfast, merits; ever giving
Cheerful notice we are living
Another day refreshed by sleep,
When its festival we keep.
Now although I would not slight
Those kindly words we use ‘Good night',
Yet parting words are words of sorrow,
And may not vie with sweet ‘Good Morrow',
With which again our friends we greet,
When in the breakfast-room we meet,
At the social table round,