Mary Lyle Poems
- Alone With You Alone with you Alone with you is where I ...
- Ray Of Light You came to me a ray of light abruptly emerging ...
- Dandelion My Dandelion; From what sun-kissed breeze did you ...
- Cherub Alas, 'tis the season for my heart to love. A crisp ...
- Rainbow Sonnet All my days I have sought you like a flower ...
- West End Ambience Dark, Deep, Transient - Softly Alluring, ...
- Unanswered Questions When shall my weary heart prevail from ...
I was born and raised in the small, rural town of Morganton, in western NC. As a young 'tomboy', I grew up in a male-dominated neighborhood where I partook in athletic endeavors that inevitably led me to become a 4-sport letterman in High School. I graduated from Freedom High School in 1991, a U.S. Army Scholar-Athlete (given each year to one male and one female for outstanding achievement in both areas) , as well as a member of the Vocational Honor Society. Moreover, I received scholarships in both Basketball and Volleyball to attend High Point University, located in High Point, NC. While there, I was elected to receive the Jessica T. Fogle Scholarship in Art, was a member of the Art ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Mary Lyle
Alone With You
Alone with you
Alone with you is where I long to be
Alone with her is where you are free
Alone with me is no place to hide from this
Alone without your words, it's you that I miss
Alone I feel without your touch
Alone today just feels like too much
Alone the tear on my cheek
Alone these words that make me weak
Alone and it's you I barely know
Alone a while longer and I must go
Alone this hunger that makes me ache
Alone you must take a sanity break
Alone with me could be home for you
Alone with you may never come true
Alone I kiss ...