Mel. D. Poems
- Aloe Vera The red line slowly rises, Puffy and bold against...
- Best Friend We've always been the very best of friends, And...
- Sugar Addict You have eyes of chocolate Oh, so impossibly ...
- Dark Things Dark things lurk in the dark; They come out to ...
- Travel If I told you I didn't like you, Would that fix my ...
- In Your Arms There is too much junk in my little world That ...
- Daddy's Little Soldier "Be a good girl while I'm gone, ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Mel. D.
The red line slowly rises,
Puffy and bold against my pale arm.
Why must I make so many promises
If I'm the only one that I harm.
It's my only escape from everything,
My salve for life's harsh burns.
It's for when challenges are flaring
and it seems as if insanity governs.
It's for when friends just don't understand
And are suddenly horrible at advising.
When there is no helping hand,
The pain looks its most enticing.
It's for when the secrets get heavy
And I can't risk letting myself shout.
When I need some relief badly,