Melisa Peter Poems
- An Old Beard Man At times, I snooze to believe that you ...
- Underground Devotee On no account have I been the ...
- Grief Reimbursed Your Honour GRIEF REIMBURSED YOUR ...
- Brain I could lose my chest, one breast, My eyes could be ...
- A Vanilla Seasoned Stick A Vanilla seasoned stick The way ...
- Heavily Bruised THE CANDLE WENT OFF Demolished benevolence...
- Ntomb'Endala Makhulu Intliziyo yam ibuhlungu, Bendiba ...
I, Melisa Peter, am a 23 year-old poetess residing in Philippi East, in Cape Town. I currently am registered student of The waterfront Theater School, pursuing a degree in Musical, Drama and Dance Theater. I started writing and performing poetry when was in primary levels of education, presumably at the age of 11 in 2003. I grew fonder of this when used to be appointed to go out and represent ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Melisa Peter
An Old Beard Man
At times, I snooze to believe that you really do exist,
I realize I cannot choose when you shrilly insist,
But no wait …Old man, you confuse,
At this instant, I lose,
O'my Lord! Please, hold on,
This is constant, I refuse,
It's odd how birth can be ceased,
Yet death can't be pleased,
Gotta take a deep breath,
I'm walking on a heavy path,
This is too much for a year,
God, can't you hear?
I thought you're near,
Give us some air,
Death is almost everywhere,
You chip, you choke and you chop,
All the chilled ones you ...