Melissa Black Poems
- He Said He'll lay you down, so soft, in delicate ...
- I Was The Canvas You Chose To ... Release the anger; ...
- I'M Not His Doll Rotting in my heart-shaped box, he took me...
- Acrylic Delight
- Unfinished Years of nine out of ten finally got the best of ...
- Hi, My Name Is Depression Hollow screams echo hatred into the...
- To A Better Place One final apology, beautifully ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I Was The Canvas You Chose To Paint Red
Release the anger; start the beating.
I was the canvas you chose to paint red.
Break into me,
& burn the stitches on my heart.
Rip this piece of rotting flesh,
& tear me all apart.
Raw, I bleed onto the floor,
did you ever think of more?
More than just yourself this time?
'Cause you know, you've crossed the line.
But now I found my angel.
The one that sings me to sleep,
He told me we're forever,
& I know he's mine to keep.