Michael DeVries Poems
- An August Evening I sit here now alone with my thoughts, ...
- For Now The rapids shall dry the forests decay e’en the ...
- Dreaming The stars and the bright, steady moonrise I see ...
- The Alternative Every day this battle is fought joy and ...
- Wayward This day, this night, I’ve been in the direst ...
- Selves Today I wished I wished that I could call you see ...
- Faint Hope That feel of your kiss he’ll not soon forget But ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Michael DeVries
An August Evening
I sit here now
alone with my thoughts,
under a moon, half-lit
in the chill of an August evening.
save the slowly waxing moon
and the buzz of the creatures nearby
only serve to make more vivid to me
how truly alone I am.
More than anything on this moonlit night
I yearn for she that will draw close
to stay the shaking of my chilléd form;
to stay the wither of my heart and hope;
to stay by my side
until the sun rises again.