michael haggertay Poems
- The Living Tree There are strands of perfection We strive to...
- The Lone Seagull In from the silent winds of timelessness, ...
- Within A Memory From outside this misjudged distance a foot ...
- Within You You look at me and within me I look at you and ...
- Walking Behind The Window I can only feel for those who have ...
working as an optician in Dublin, , , , writing poetry since i was 12 and also short stories, , , , , painting in oils is a passion, , , have had nothing published, , , more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Living Tree
There are strands of perfection
We strive to complete as a whole.
Encased in shells of imperfection.
It is a difficult journey.
With a clear view to the misty veiled mountains
We bleed from our hands
Nailed firmly to the wood
Of living trees.
You see a crippled figure
Whose mind's soars beyond the universe.
Balanced on a tightrope
Cleverly shielded from the breeze
You move to me
And raise my head,
Examine my wounds,
Remove me from the living tree.
A body dead.
And retrace your steps
To solid ground
You lay me ...