Michael Sweetbird Poems
- Politician: Would You Send You... You might send someone ...
- The Last Graverobber Like a thief at midnight he will come ...
- Space Falls Space Falls A star explodes sending ...
- Singing Woman Lake The language of my people is difficult for...
- A Creator's Tools A star explodes sending shockwaves ...
- Diane Went Out A-Ridin' Diane was out ridin' them windin' ...
Born a human and have not evolved.. but I don't believe in evolution so what matters is the Creator Spirit's Glory.. Hallelujah! I enjoy long canoe trips. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Last Graverobber
Like a thief at midnight he will come soon
to lift the contents of grave and tomb;
So Watch.. watch as if by full moon's light
though when he comes he'll have torch bright
as lightning - you've seen the flash
of blue light upon midnight walls within darkened room
as downpour cleanses earth,
and thunder rolls across heaven's girth.
And in the blackness his torch will blaze
upon the headstone's graven lines:
A name or names;
appropriate words in few lines;
perhaps a verse.. a poet's jewelled love set in rhyme;
or scripture from the Master Poet ...