mimi brown Poems
- Constant Leaving You speak to the brides through the cold ...
- The Beach House The summer we spent at the beach left us far...
- Missed Opportunity Cool air and a ripe apple lie ...
- Haiku: For A Soldier I missed you today. Yesterday, your ...
- Poem Whore Pick me, she thought, as the poet's eyes scanned ...
- Nightwatch I wait at night for the man to come. Tired of ...
- Moving Day Time has moved in, bringing his dusty cloak and ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
You speak to the brides
through the cold thin air
betraying them by your
And each white woman
accepts your sport
the winnings returned
ten times over.
The golden cup you drink from
over virginal evasiveness;
the shy advances of
a woman child;
the desperate moods of
the forgotten passions of
You betray each one
and leave them