MONCIANA EDMONDSON Poems
- A Simple No Is it the light in my eyes? Or the breadth of ...
- I Need The Sun I need the sun I need fun No sun no fun Did...
- Crippled Love A love life that's crippled, lame No longer do...
- Lonely I have walked my loneliest step Each day just another...
- What Do You Live For... What do you live for? What is the ...
- My Last Man The last man I was with helped me feel small An ...
- The Long Way Home Home is where true love dwells Life giving...
Monciana was born in the West Indies and immigrated to New York City when she was 17 years old. She is an alumnus of Herbert H. Lehman College in the Bronx, where she played Div III basketball and earned a BA in History.
She is curious about life and is always seeking the lessons in everyday occurrences. She is currently a model and actress. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about MONCIANA EDMONDSON
A Simple No
Is it the light in my eyes?
Or the breadth of my thighs
Maybe the curve of my hips
And the smile on my lips?
There is Just me, no we
Each blessed individually
With the freedom to be.
I will dwell happily
In my own special reality
The wolf in disguise
I have learnt to be wise
You will not be my demise
I see through your lies.
I see the devil in your eyes
I will not compromise
With the enemy I will not fraternize
Deaf to the soft yearning beneath your smiles
I hear your retort
But this is not a sport
Life is too short