Nancy Vorkink Poems
- June 30,2003 I never thought it would come to this. That he ...
- Bionic Woman I yearn to walk the labyrinth again.
- Beloved, I Wait Today a candle is lit For a resolution
- Aspen Beauty My memories are clear as the bluest sky.
- 9/11 Ancestors The attack aged us instantly Like mideastern ...
- May 6,1911 The bristle and the bark Scared us children
- All In The Mind All in the Mind
Poetry sings in my soul. First wrote on autumn leaves of Pennsylvania in high school. Later, studied Poetry 101 in college and always wrote in the midnight hours as a lifeline to the universe. Born in Ithaca, New York, my odyssey took me to Istanbul and to the Muslim world early in life. Then to Harvard for a B.A. then back to Africa for years. Adopted an African family, now refugees returning home to Liberia, as my own. Am a member of the IWWG, International Women's Writing Guild, in NYC. Presently, facilitating life story writing workshops in Denver, using poetic imagery. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
All In The Mind
All in the Mind
Is life a game -
We play to win in the mind?
Yesterday the Great Pretender pulled
The wool tightly, lengthened the story.
Sadly, with bright eyes, it
Touched many people.
Today Lonely Girl moved outside
Weary eyes looked up to the sky
A spirit reached down
She hesitated to reach this light.
Two personas of the mind
Play tag, in prime time
Catch me if you can
Says one to the other.
“I can do anything, ” the one said.
“I am ...