nicky kelly Poems
- The Poem On Slavery To write the poem on slavery a ...
- A Beauty When you lower your shoulders And suddendly refuse...
- A View From Patmos Someone abolished seeing betting the ...
- Apocryphal Coming out the sands I regained my recess. The ...
- Words These words could be not words. Not to be words could...
- Nuga Explain to me the reason.But since I don't like words ...
- Subtropical Lines Who could write a poem in summertime, ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about nicky kelly
The Poem On Slavery
To write the poem on slavery
a word-prisoner should
I worked hardly in the intensive room
From the dull morning to the broad night
yet the chains are there and I ‘m not better.
Came from the ogival forest
the lion with me honest
but didn’t spell his name well
the poem mumbled - 'In vain
you’ll take your mane' -.
A moment, a moment
you’d trade my Alma Mater
my elders’ boiled ashes
my personal witch
ebony and ivory across
my enriched world and the poor yours
what I missed and you lost
the self-control ...