Nikhail Pandhi Poems
- Tears I am about to weep in sadness, I am about to cry in ...
- Fire Lay not your blazing shadow Upon my wife’s insipid ...
- Dust Blow on me But do blow gently And I promise to turn to...
- Night It is night again That time of the day When ...
- Poised I am standing on the promontory Below me the water ...
- Oblivion Every time, this plaintive mind comes to think of ...
- Camphor The rocky pillion by the ghat Saw the same old ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Nikhail Pandhi
I am about to weep in sadness,
I am about to cry in joy,
But both extremities are merely,
The stoical tears of a boy.
Why don’t these tears know elation?
Why don’t they know disdain?
Why, can they not fathom harmony
Or even an ounce of pain?
If I wanted to despise evil
Or celebrate the glories of goodness
Oh why, oh why, do my eyes exude
Such dispassionate drops, to express?
I thought tears exacerbate sadness,
I thought they invigorate bliss,
But just like a man in drunken stupor
One doesn’t know which emotion is ...