norman hale Poems
- A Soldier Went To Heaven A soldier went to Heaven And stood ...
- I Give You This Rose I give you this rose I give you my ...
- A Soldiers Wife As she sits there on the edge of the ...
- If You Would Be My Valentine If you would be my valentine ...
- A Friendship Is But A Flower A friendship is but a flower ...
- Christmas Is Coming Christmas is coming Yes, it's that time...
- Deppression Nobody loves me Nobody even cares When I need ...
I'm a hunter, fisherman, a poet, and a dog trainer
i raise beagles and pomeranians more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Soldier Went To Heaven
A soldier went to Heaven
And stood at the Pearly Gates
And asked himself out loudly
'Is this a joke or my fait? '
When St. Peter spoke to him
And said 'Son this is no mistake! '
'You was blown up by a land mine! '
'So welcome to heaven'and offered his hand to shake
'Do you remember the little girl? '
'That you so boldly jumped to save? '
'Well, she was just your bait! '
'And now your body lays in a grave! '
'Oh don't get me wrong! '
'The girl survived just fine'
'Someone put her in that spot '
'Just so you would trip on that mine! ...