NurViktoria Ellen Poems
- Questions Arising When we are together Do we cast ...
- Walk Like A Man WALK LIKE A MAN You say you love me to ...
- Requiem REQUIEM She died on Sunday while the Sun was ...
- Now - Or Never NOW – OR NEVER This time poetry won’t do. ...
- Beware The Muses' Kissing BEWARE THE MUSES’ KISSING When, ...
- Greek Offerings Greek Offerings I know just how those Greeks...
- Country Living Country Living Dead in the heart of the ...
Nur has lived and worked in various countries across Europe, in a wide range of jobs. She speaks several languages and writes fiction (novels and short stories) as well as poetry in German and English. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about NurViktoria Ellen
Dead in the heart
of the countryside
you develop a knack for
drowning out the roar of tractor-combines-four-by-fours
here vegetarians discover a talent to ignore
the road-kill: collateral damage from a never-ending stream of
cars just speeding through –
nobody in their right mind wants to be here –
they are passing on the way to safer places
thundering past our silenced hedges
to get the hell out of here
Life – you won’t find much of it in the English countryside
Here we’re all geared towards death and armed to the ...