Olumide Omoyele Poems
- I, God I am a God Ordained at the earliest point in ...
- A Wail 4 Biafra Brother, Dear Brother, Incredible ...
- Abeke [For Ye 'Beji] Like the fabled
- Waking To Adulthood Like a shot a bolt from the blue fun ...
- Teacher Is Child The innocent simplicity with which a child ...
- Agonizing Pretences elevated pretences co-ordinated, ...
- Ecstasy Faster and faster, the thrusts get The gyrations, ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Olumide Omoyele
I am a God
Ordained at the
earliest point in time
The blood of ancient dynasties
flow through my very veins
even now as I look in many mirrors
and see my ancestors
Great men and women of
illustrious triumphs and achievements
Of pride and of the credo of humanism
Of incantations and ceremonies
Of sacrifices and revered cultures
Of constant jubilation
Men, like gods, are
Intoxicated with prestige and
sacrifice and appeasement
I walk with a swagger, expecting
men to bow in my presence; and to pacify me
Even though I am ...