Padmore Enyonam Agbemabiese
Padmore Enyonam Agbemabiese Poems
- From A Grandma To A Grandson be patient with life, despite ...
- Strong Black Woman I am a black woman strong beyond ...
- Sankofa I want to tell my-story, our-story not his-story ...
- Garden Of Friendship with nourishment and caring flowers ...
- Your Kindness thank you is not enough to tell you my deep ...
- Just Saying, Thanks thanks for being strength in my ...
- Love Knots after long walks on village lanes after being in ...
Padmore Enyonam Agbemabiese is a Ghanaian poet, playwright and scholar. Currently he is a lecturer at The Ohio State University in the United States. He received his elementary education in Ghana at Abor Roman Catholic Primary School and later his secondary education at Abor and Kpandu secondary schools. Throughout this period his Grandma never left him uninformed of who he is. The basic ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
From A Grandma To A Grandson
be patient with life, despite its cruelty
often it seems careless to shed tears
for something you cherish but lost
but let it bring you hope
to laugh last is to laugh best
not all buds bloom as flowers
so take your heart that bleeds
you were not made eternally to weep
wish happiness for everyone
do not deny them their freewill
to love, to choose, and be where they want
under every word this still is true
be happy in all disappointments
in your life many sweet events remain
not in anguish, but in joy remember this
sacred things from Heaven ...