Padmore Enyonam Agbemabiese
Padmore Enyonam Agbemabiese Poems
- From A Grandma To A Grandson be patient with life, despite ...
- Can’t Promise Anything I can't promise you roses which bloom...
- On My 40th Birthday last night before I lay down to sleep ...
- Strong Black Woman I am a black woman strong beyond ...
- Little Daisy grow my sweet daisy plant your roots within ...
- Africa we are the dog who caught the game but are made to ...
- Your Kindness thank you is not enough to tell you my deep ...
Padmore Enyonam Agbemabiese is a Ghanaian poet, playwright and scholar. Currently he is a lecturer at The Ohio State University in the United States. He received his elementary education in Ghana at Abor Roman Catholic Primary School and later his secondary education at Abor and Kpandu secondary schools. Throughout this period his Grandma never left him uninformed of who he is. The basic ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
From A Grandma To A Grandson
be patient with life, despite its cruelty
often it seems careless to shed tears
for something you cherish but lost
but let it bring you hope
to laugh last is to laugh best
not all buds bloom as flowers
so take your heart that bleeds
you were not made eternally to weep
wish happiness for everyone
do not deny them their freewill
to love, to choose, and be where they want
under every word this still is true
be happy in all disappointments
in your life many sweet events remain
not in anguish, but in joy remember this
sacred things from Heaven ...