Patrick Kemspke Poems
|1.||Concerning X's + O's||1/21/2013|
|2.||The Blade Of Hope||1/21/2013|
|4.||A Beautiful Disaster||1/21/2013|
|5.||A Reason Why||1/21/2013|
|6.||Balancing The Ledger||1/21/2013|
|8.||Poetry In The 21st Century||1/21/2013|
Poetry In The 21st Century
So what is this poem about?
- It's about a butterfly…
But what does the butterfly stand for?
- The butterfly is a butterfly.
No, there must be something more.
- Why can't it be a butterfly?
Maybe it represents the fragility of life.
- Is that even a word?
Maybe it's saying we need to spread our wings.
- Or maybe it means butterflies are pretty.
Oh I know: a metaphor for the Spanish inquisition!
- That doesn't even make sense.
Sure, why else would the butterfly be yellow and red?
- Because those are the colors of the butterfly!
Or does the ...