Paul Lester Poems
- Be Kind To Worms' Week Everybody get your feet off the ...
- Down At The Greasy Spoon Cafe There are those who dream their...
- Talking To A Wall One day my living room wall Began to talk ...
- The Reign Of The Duck They made a splash from the first As ...
- I Fell In Love With A Couch Po... I fell in love with a ...
- Booklice These creatures never need to read To be intimate ...
- Let Me Be In Your B-Movie Let me be in your B-movie If only ...
'Born in Birmingham, England, Paul Lester has published some thirty booklets of poetry, beginning with A Funny Brand of Freedom (Arts Lab Press,1975) , and his paperback collections are By the Scruff Of the Neck(BMI,1995) and Going For Broke(Protean,2004) .His poetry has been broadcast on BBC Radio One and the BBC World Service.
'He has performed his poetry with a variety of musical ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Paul Lester
Be Kind To Worms' Week
Everybody get your feet off the ground
Wherever on earth your feet are bound,
For beneath you the worms are moving around.
There is a slogan the whole world will speak -
The Greek, the Sikh, and in Mozambique
They'll declare a 'Be Kind To Worms' Week.
For remember that worms are just like you,
So many cells and so much glue,
Except they can't chop you in two.
Nevertheless, we must confess,
A 'Be Kind To Worms' Week' could be quite a success,
The start of something big, a Worm Party Congress.
Comrade Worm upon the stage,
Long and ...