Pavol Janik Poems
- VIVACE MA NON SOLTANTO COSI Barefoot you leap from star to ...
- Family Study Always when I think of you dawn breaks above ...
- Piano The moment we each have our own key To the same ...
- To You You come from a scent. A crumpled flower.
- The Moment Before Touch The air grows still. As in an ...
- Summer The sun smashes our windows. An urgent song reaches ...
- Night Bus I admire the smiles of the wax figures and the ...
Mgr. art. Pavol Janik, PhD., (magister artis et philosophiae doctor) was born in 1956 in Bratislava, where he also studied film and television dramaturgy and scriptwriting at the Drama Faculty of the Academy of Performing Arts (VSMU). He has worked at the Ministry of Culture (1983-87), in the media and in advertising. He was President of the Slovak Writers' Society (2003-07), Secretary-General of the SWS (1998-2003, 2007-2013) and Editor-in-chief of the literary weekly of the SWS Literarny tyzdennik (2010-2013). He has received a number of awards for his literary and advertising work both in his own country and abroad.
This virtuoso of Slovak literature, Pavol Janik, is a poet, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Pavol Janik
VIVACE MA NON SOLTANTO COSI
you leap from star to star.
And each time there's a chime
like the kiss of crystal glasses.
Thousands of your faces
skate with perseverance
on frozen ponds.
I open you with a violin's clef
and seek the bow
whose elasticity can equal you.
Deep in you
instead of strings
I've touched tears.