Phoebe Lichten Poems
- A Man Loved Me Once A man loved me once When I was tired and...
- Memoirs Of A Nightingale (P.31... It was late in the ...
- Heathcliff There is a door to my dreams That I always leave ...
- Memoirs Of A Nightingale (P.40... The eyes speak a language of ...
- L'Amant It is day time on the streets of Saigon The sun hits...
- Memoirs Of A Nightingale (P.10... I remember the day I first ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Phoebe Lichten
A Man Loved Me Once
A man loved me once
When I was tired and sick
But I did not know it
I drove to work everyday
And with my children I would play
Plastering a smile upon my face
I think now, with such sorrow
How late I discovered his love
And how far I have fallen
From his good grace
How long will I make this mistake
Remembering my fathers hand hitting hard upon my face
Letting the memory bruise me
And ruining love