♦ Ballad Of Gunner The Gambler: Gunner Loses Everything ♦ - Poem by Michael Fischer
Gunner pulls the one-armed bandit
to see what his future holds.
The machine reveals his fate
and writes his failure in stone.
He’s out in the wintry cold,
where the drifting snow steals his sight.
He’s without a healing agent;
Nothing will make this right.
Gunner’s spirit is defeated
by the shame that besets him.
Tears slide down his crimson face;
He knows he’s done himself in.
He never meant to hurt loved ones;
He had good intentions.
But his underhand affairs
is what cost him in the end.
Comments about ♦ Ballad Of Gunner The Gambler: Gunner Loses Everything ♦ by Michael Fischer
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl