Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
A Cycle Of Years - Poem by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
The ages of Man,
In cycles they ran,
A cycle is made up of seven.
Seven what? I do say,
Seven years to the day,
Is that a number made up in Heaven?
For the days of Mankind,
As determined by HIM,
Is threescore years and ten,
Now according to me,
And recorded by HIM,
That is ten cycles of Life made in Heaven.
In Genesis, we read of Pharaoh's Dreams,
Which was interpreted by HIS agent, Joseph,
When at the end of a Cycle of Plenty,
Next came a Cycle of Famine,
And that certainly did not Smell of Roses.
Comments about A Cycle Of Years by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl