Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet Poems
- Onomatopoeia The clouds do darken, the rain does drop I ...
- My 'Get Up And Go' Just 'Got U...
- Poetry! ! Poetry! ! Poetry! ! Poetry! ! Poetry! ! Poetry! ! ...
- Birthday Wishes For A Grieving... Celebrate or not They ...
- How Will It Be For Us? No words can express my feelings, Of...
- Grandparents Will others remember me When from this Mortal ...
- Birthday Wishes For My Step-Da... Deborah, I rack my ...
Jonathan Goldman, known Internationally as 'JGthepoet', was born in Nottingham on 16 December 1943, and moved to London in August 1950. He started writing poetry in the year 2000, when he was diagnosed with the rare, incurable skeletal muscle disease called Myasthenia Gravis. He is a Practising Jew, and has a devout Faith in the Almighty. With his Myasthenia normally controlled by a drug cocktail, he can lead a reasonable life, but has had to make certain changes to his lifestyle and hobbies, as he is not allowed any exercise or sports. With Myasthenia, the more he uses his muscles, the weaker they become.
All of his poems are posted on www.poemhunter.com and also on http: ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''To Lose an Argument for the sake of a Peaceful Existence is not Cowardice but takes Great Fortitude.''Final Line in 'My Tribute to my late Father, Rabbi Dr Solomon Goldman z.s.l.'
The clouds do darken, the rain does drop
I wonder when its going to stop.
The pitter-patter of rain does fall
Against my windows, against my wall.
The wind does blow, the rain does lash
Against my house's pebbledash.
The sounds of never-ending rain
Gurgling down pipes into the drain.
Cars make splashes on wet streets,
Drops on puddles make them meet
In rivulets of rain, rushing onwards
Till the rain and wind abate,
And the sun comes out to dissipate
The water back to heaven
To fall as rain again at seven.
(Copyright (c) Jonathan Goldman ...