Edward Kofi Louis
A Defence - Poem by Edward Kofi Louis
Late, plate, hate, slate, mate, fate, date, ate;
Wisdom is a defence but love is the key,
And like the muse of your love in the land of lovers.
Paste, waste, caste, baste, haste;
Money is a defence but love is the key,
And like the muse of your love in the land of monkeys.
Sin, win, pin, fin, gin, thin, ain, bin, din, kin, min, tin, yin!
Money is a defence and wisdom is a defence;
And like the ways of your acts in the land of your muse,
But i am here today with the true works of my hands.
Comments about A Defence by Edward Kofi Louis
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl