Nellie Isabelle Steward Cooper
A Gathering Of Empty Coffee Cups - Poem by Nellie Isabelle Steward Cooper
We are now down to the ends of things!
My dwindling and steadfast compatriots
Maybe it is now we know
What we had had?
We taste it now more lavishly!
Tis true - tis true
Is there not much else to do?
And if our cups run empty
Just a little tad sooner
What of it!
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about A Gathering Of Empty Coffee Cups by Nellie Isabelle Steward Cooper
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl