Ramesh T A
A Great Gift! - Poem by Ramesh T A
As a horseman was I drifting in the desert of life;
Monotony of travail made me into a parched earth!
Only mirages were provoking me to look for oasis;
But no island was found in the mid of the ocean!
Oasis of desert as island of an ocean was a dream
For a long travelling man on desert or ocean sure!
I fell exhausted on a place I knew not what at all;
Like a bolt from the blue I was sleeping in a paradise!
Was it a dream or a boon of Nature I was stranded?
Poetry helped me to overcome all woes of world
While musing over the beauty of Nature one day!
I believe it was a great gift from God that I write
Poems as skylark or nightingale sings songs high
To forget its worries to fly to its destination sure!
Comments about A Great Gift! by Ramesh T A
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl