Stephen (Steve) Howard
A Little Nap - Poem by Stephen (Steve) Howard
When I awoke this morning,
the sun was in my eyes,
and life called through the window,
"Come try me on for size! ".
But I was still quite sleepy,
and turned my face away,
"It's just a little nap I need.
There's lots of time to play.".
The noonday sun was awfully warm.
Much cooler where I lay.
"It's just a little nap I need,
I still have time to play.".
Evening found me ready,
but somehow time had slipped away.
Isn't it funny how a little nap,
can last the entire day?
Comments about A Little Nap by Stephen (Steve) Howard
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl