Carolyn Ford Witt
- * A Soldier's Prayer * - - Poem by Carolyn Ford Witt
- * A SOLDIER'S PRAYER * -
I stand here in this foreign land
As I look into the sky
And see a full and glowing moon
Abiding there on High.
So far away, I know you are,
In a land where Freedom stands
That's why I am still fighting,
Here in these foreign lands.
In freedom, my eyes behold
The beauty as I see;
And pray that soon....no more in fear
Those unshackled, will stand with me.
For everyday, I cherish more....
The freedom for which I fight
And pray these actions that I take
Will help our lands Unite.
And some day soon, with golden hand,
God might bless us with His love
And shed His light from that same moon
To bless All from above.
Author: Carolyn Ford Witt
Comments about - * A Soldier's Prayer * - by Carolyn Ford Witt
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda