...A Tear Fell - Poem by Lance Carthen
I could cry a sea of tears.
I could pray all night and day.
Walk down the road that we walked.
And dream of yesterday.
One morning I picked a rose.
It reminded me of you.
A petal then slowly fell.
My heart broke in two.
Its hard to try with you on my mind.
Im down and out, lonely, feeling blue.
I lay awake in bed and wonder how...
I can go another day without you.
Its alone, Ill walk it seems.
No wish can grant my dreams.
Nothing can bring you back to me.
But when my time comes.
And Im long dead and gone.
Well be back together for eternity.
Comments about ...A Tear Fell by Lance Carthen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl