A Wonderful Sport - Poem by Marilyn Lott
If you want to make a kid happy
Just put a fishing pole in his hand
As soon as he snags one
He'll feel like the Kind in his land.
There's nothing like the feel
Of a tug on the end of the line
His heart starts to race instantly
It could be a branch with a little twine.
It's not only the sport of fishing
But he's bringing food for dinner
So proud that kid will be
A sport that makes him a winner.
So if you want to make a child happy
Get them started in this wonderful game
Put that rod in his or her hands
And they will never ever be the same!
Comments about A Wonderful Sport by Marilyn Lott
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl