Addiction In The Darkness - Poem by Karissa Anderson
Years of sedation,
Inability to feel.
Years of misfortune,
A never ending wheel.
Caged in a dark place,
That only I have created.
Couldn't find the light,
So I sat there and waited.
Took advantage of this beautiful gift called, Life.
Stabbed mother in the heart with a knife.
Never acknowledged this beauty on earth.
Never realized how much a day is worth.
I saw the light beyond the shadows, and stopped my worry.
Kissed Gods hand and told him I'm sorry.
I can feel again.
Comments about Addiction In The Darkness by Karissa Anderson
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl