Alone In Thought - Poem by Lance Carthen
Jealousy shall tear your soul apart.
Stare with contempt, walking out of my life.
What we once shared, you quit and move on.
I just kept going, on and on.
You hear a pretty song that I shall sing.
Your attitude goes sour, your personality mean.
You sit and listen, the lyrics spit my pain.
At the end of the song, you get up and walk away.
Leaving me alone, pick in my hand.
I start singing again, I feel the dropp of a grain of sand.
The bottom of the hourglass outweighs the top.
Feelings keep falling with the hours on the clock.
Jealousy took my love away.
What was once beautiful has drifted astray.
The blueness is gone, red feels your eyes.
I sit alone with my guitar and memories of a beautiful life.
Comments about Alone In Thought by Lance Carthen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl