Archetypes - Poem by Jim Ware
Do archetypes come out of pipes
constructed out of mindsmoke
or are they real; do you feel
they aren’t some little Jungjoke
Are they a meme that swims upstream
against media-built paradigms?
Do they reflect what we select,
or do they make up our minds?
The archetypes within your nation,
do they need identification?
Is it Uncle Sam or the Buddha Man
that your country will identify with?
Is it a jealous god or Arianrhod
who fills your country’s sky myth?
Does our genotyping have them griping
that they are changed by time and place
or do they evolve to help us solve
the problems of our race
Whoever they are
Where they come from
One thing is still uncertain
Are they us, or are they jus’
the man behind the curtain?
Comments about Archetypes by Jim Ware
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl