Atheism Compliments God - Poem by Paul Hartal
Since God does not exist,
He could not create the world,
Said the atheist.
Then who created it?
The poet asked.
Well, the world just came into being
By itself, she replied.
Well, in that case
This is indeed a great compliment
For God, the poet said.
She gave him a surprised look.
And why is that? She asked.
Imagine that a book, for example,
Could write itself without the author,
Would not be it a fantastic miracle?
Yes, indeed, she agreed.
So, a self-creating universe,
The poet said, would even be
An immeasurably greater
And miraculous accomplishment,
The utmost manifestation
Of the Glory of God.
Therefore, paradoxically, atheism
Unwillingly but compliments God.
Comments about Atheism Compliments God by Paul Hartal
Edgar Allan Poe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda