Barry A. Lanier
Btrying To Keep Up With The Joneses - Poem by Barry A. Lanier
From Plato to King Solomen,
And all of those who have been wise.
Elaborated, analyzing many subjects,
Common to all blankets of disguise.
Lessons passed down from our parents,
Mentors leading down all proven paths.
Living in fast lanes of prosperity,
Finishing first and never last.
Sometimes roads less traveled,
Bumpy, less comfort, so very long.
True happiness, success, and serenity,
Never found, 'Trying to keep up with the Jones'.
Comments about Btrying To Keep Up With The Joneses by Barry A. Lanier
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl