Believer - Poem by Dónall Dempsey
the Holy Host
he thought transubstantiation
was not just a very long word
so much philosophical masturbation.
Hard to swallow
sticking to the roof of one’s mouth.
Jesus! Putting up
Drowning in a sudden surge of salvia.
& the loveliness
of your smile.
Comments about Believer by Dónall Dempsey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl