ivor or ivor.e hogg
Birthday Present - Poem by ivor or ivor.e hogg
I was deprived as a small child.
I never had a teddy bear.
When I look back it makes me wild
I really think it was unfair.
I never had a cuddly toy
to keep me company in bed.
Perhaps because I was a boy.
It left me scarred it must be said.
I should have had a furry friend
that I could tell my troubles to.
A pal on whom I could depend
who’d never tell the things he knew.
But now I am deprived no more.
A teddy’s mine at seventy four.
Comments about Birthday Present by ivor or ivor.e hogg
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl