Charlie F. Kane
Bittersweet Song - Poem by Charlie F. Kane
I cannot lift up my head and sing
For I fear the lyrics that would come out.
I must keep the songs to myself,
Ones that only I am to hear.
For if you were to hear it
Then the sweet notes would destroy
The bond between us.
You could probably never look me
In the eyes ever again.
Comments about Bittersweet Song by Charlie F. Kane
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl