Bring Me Sunshine! (For My Old Pal Al) - Poem by Dónall Dempsey
Alas we live
continually in the past
a good 8 minutes to get to us
across those long lonely galatic reaches
to smile upon us little creatures.
That big old fat sun
(though really realatively young)
our friendly familiar
yellow hydrogen bomb
....doomed to go bust
another mere 5 billion years or so.
And so, being a sensible man
I am determined to get as much sun as I can
cancer be damed!
I brown form head to toe
whilst drinking copious Campari & So...so...soda.
Staying perfectly calm
& perfectly pissed
enjoying the sun
or what's left of it.
Comments about Bring Me Sunshine! (For My Old Pal Al) by Dónall Dempsey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl