Candle - Poem by Casey Lyon
Candle, that’s a simple word
Sure, it is a symbol for life
A candle brightens our lives
A candle shows us the way through darkness
A candle comforts us
But what does a candle really represents in this world?
If you thought light in darkness, that would have been my first answer.
But a candle represents all of our accomplishments and failures.
It encourages us to go on since it is the only light we only have in this dark, dark world while war and sickness is raging through the world.
Comments about Candle by Casey Lyon
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl