Capish Old Man - Poem by jewel Alberter
I had a call from Ma and Pa, (Lyrics to a song)
just the other day.
Ma said Pa got mad at me
and he's heading out your way.
Be on the lookout, for a lunatic
in a big red cadillac.
Tie him up with the rope in the car,
cause I ain't gonna take him back.
I'm gonna change the locks on all the doors,
I'll throw away his key.
I'm done my son, you understand,
he ain't comin back to me.
I know that he will change your life,
this man you call dad.
I'm sorry it had to come to this,
it really makes sad.
Capish old man,
this means that we'r thru.
I'm glad you're gone,
I'm movin on,
so this is goodby to you.
Comments about Capish Old Man by jewel Alberter
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl