Children In Wars - Poem by Oskar Hansen
Children of War.
As the mist lifts in a cold valley of North Pakistan
The drone flying overhead has a clear view.
It sees the terrorist a man, who does not to hesitate
In the name of his political belief stops his car.
Outside a house and enters. An order harshly given,
a red button pushed, the house explodes
and an enemy of USA and the world is killed.
So is seven children in the house sleeping in their beds,
and women who were arising to prepare breakfast….
But this is war, and there are victims.
And we stay silent as we do not see their agony.
killings have become abstract but the hate it leaves
behind will cause more hate and more wars.
Comments about Children In Wars by Oskar Hansen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl