Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Cleanse Me Lord - Poem by Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Oh, my Lord…
Once again I’m dirty with sin.
I need to cleanse my fallen mind
with the beauty of your Word.
My desire is turned towards You –
Yet my flesh remains weak,
reflecting a lack of discipline.
Please chastise me, your child
and spare not your rod of correction.
Cover me with your forgiveness and grace
as I begin anew each day, trying to mature.
Oh, my Lord… please cleanse me.
Comments about Cleanse Me Lord by Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl