Climb A High Tree And Reach For A Low Star - Poem by Jarvis Black
crawling through old books
looking for a story that might
sell him hope,
he found only eidolons
and himself getting old.
there was nothing spectacular about it.
he put a gun in his mouth
and painted a mural with his brains
across the grandfather clock
he'd bought in Germany in 68.
the groundskeeper called the police.
the police called someone else.
they took him away
and tossed him in a box
and left the blood and books behind
Comments about Climb A High Tree And Reach For A Low Star by Jarvis Black
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl