Cometh The Hour - Poem by Joyce Hemsley
His last words:
Bring to my eyes your loving smile
bring grape wine to my lips...
oh the wonder of seeing you there
calming my soul with your fingertips.
Tears are falling from our eyes,
how sorrowful is each embrace...
dreams shattered, the hour is nigh
but we will meet in a higher place.
Yes, my life is fading fast away
towards the holy eternal sleep...
oh how I love and adore you dear
~~no more words can I speak~~.
He died at dawning
Flowers filled his room,
so great was he.
Comments about Cometh The Hour by Joyce Hemsley
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl