Coyotes And Wildlife Services 2 - Poem by Chuck Toll
Ranchers like to think of Wildlife Services
As a private club. In fact, it is a larger pawn
There for all who nature’s footprint on the lawn
Leaves feeling vulnerable and nervous.
Wildlife Services does not trap and relocate.
Its methods, like its mission, are meant to kill.
Yet neither reports that prove its lack of skill
Nor environmental cautions produce debate.
The program’s problems? Faulty dictums
That miss the interplay of wildlife populations,
And killing methods that cause the decimation
Of living things not even the intended victims.
Glad wolves and pumas are gone they may be,
But coyotes are unenthused about the agency.
Comments about Coyotes And Wildlife Services 2 by Chuck Toll
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl