Crush - Poem by Pasquale Amabile
What was love for me?
Nothing more unknown.
My soul was dove-white.
Time fooled me and flew away.
My green eyes were bright-blind.
O Beauty, Madness of Love!
They wouldn't see
They didn't want to
They couldn't yet feel the sore
Of my life's painful chance.
O Love, Dreamy Burning Love!
My empty heart got lost
It belonged to you.
It was like a puppy
In your tender hands.
O Undescribable Nightmarish Love!
My heart bleeds
Dreaming the light touch
Of your enchanting smiles.
Comments about Crush by Pasquale Amabile
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl