Daddy Please Come Play! - Poem by alma love
As I stare out the window watching all the snowfall,
I hear a voice so innocent wanting to play allday.
Though the voice isn't wanting me you see, she is wanting
nothing more but to play with you her daddy!
Would it kill you to try and call or even stop by?
I ask because I sit and wonder why. This only comes
once a year and for some reason you fail to be here.
Still we sit and watch the snowfall eachday,
Wondering why her daddy wont come play.
The tears on my face are falling
as her voice is still calling.
I do nothing more but sit and wonder
when her daddy will come play in the snow allday.
Comments about Daddy Please Come Play! by alma love
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
alma love's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl