Dear Jesus - Poem by Lance Carthen
Take my hand...
Show me the way.
To the promised land,
Of love and strength.
If I fall...
Would you lift me up?
So long Ive walked,
On my own two feet.
Dont know how I lived without you.
My lonely life of memories.
I was a fool to deny you.
Now Im praying on my knees.
Cant tell me Im no sinner.
My heart has its guilt.
They tell me your a forgiver.
Your the rose that never wilts.
Jesus your the truest beauty.
Gave your life for each and every man.
Lord I know now when I fall.
You'll be the first to take my hand.
When I thought my life was through.
I gave my soul to you.
Now theres a light inside, shining bright.
I aint lonely anymore.
True love walked through my door.
You made it turn to day from eternal night.
Comments about Dear Jesus by Lance Carthen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl